Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Can't Get No Satisfaction

Frankly, I am tired of the Republicans' B.S.

And I am so relieved that the convention is finally over.

Mitt Romney said, "there has never been a day in my life where I have not been proud of my country".

Really? Were you proud after Abu Ghraib, Gov. Romney? Are you proud that we torture?

I'm proud of America, don't mistake me. But we're not perfect, contrary to what Gov. Romney would have us believe.

We have a government, that is a beacon of freedom. But that government, is an imperfect beacon. It is an imperfect government. We send mixed messages to the rest of the world through our actions, which are not always the highest embodiment of the ideas we tell ourselves that we stand for.

Our government is the type of government that needs to be continually challenged. Our government is only as strong as the people behind it. There have been many days in my life that I have not been proud of the American government, or policies of our government, and by extension, America itself. So I am guilty....of having a conscience.

Thank you, Governor Romney. Show us you really care about what America stands for next time...instead of just pretending you care, and using your faux patriotism to grab more votes.

"U.S.A.! U.S.A.!" is not a coherent worldview.

No comments: